I have not been feeling well for a long time. I was nauseated, tired, had horrible headaches and just felt awful. I kept telling Matt that I felt pregnant and he kept telling me to shut up I can't be pregnant I have an IUD in. So a couple of months ago I took two tests and they were both negative. But I continued to feel worse and worse. Finally on Tuesday after throwing up all day I had Matt bring home a test and sure enough it was positive. I didn't believe it so I went back to the store and bought three and they were all positive. I then started to do research on getting pregnant with an IUD and found out all sorts of scary stuff so Wednesday morning I rushed up to the hospital without even calling to see my doctor. Well of course it was his surgery day so I had to wait in an exam room for hours until he could slip up and see me. He did an external ultrasound first and saw my IUD right where it should be and then he said there is your pregnancy but it isn't right you are going to lose it. I thought to myself well that is the best thing if everything wasn't the way it should be. But then just for kicks he did a vaginal ultrasound and he probed and then I heard him say, "Whoa, whoa". On my left fallopian tube there was an 8 week old pregnancy with a heartbeat. It was not even in my tube but growing to it and into my abdomen. He said that he had never seen this with a pregnancy this far along with a heartbeat that the mother was still alive. He told me to get my affairs in order and he would preform surgery to remove the pregnancy and my tube asap so do not leave the hospital. Of course after he left the room I lost it. I had seen the heartbeat and knew it was my baby and even though it wasn't going to be a successful pregnancy it was still heartbreaking. This little baby had overcame all these barriers and was still alive and I had to get rid of it. I was a hot mess! So Matt came to the hospital right away because I thought I would be going right in. Mind you I got there at 9:00 AM. Well at three my Dr. called and said I can not preform the surgery your insurance will not let me but go get admitted and I will find you a doctor right away. Okay one more thing to go wrong on this delightful day. I go get admitted and they hook me up to IVs and dress me up in all these weird things and shove me behind a curtain. I ate a slim fast shake that morning at 7 and I was sooo hungry! Four o'clock rolls around, nothing, 6 o'clock rolls around nothing. Finally at 8:00 I called my doctor at home and said what is going on everyone keeps telling my I am in a life or death situation but no one has even came to check on me. He calls back and says that they have more emergencies that are more important than mine so it might be 11:00 Pm before they get to me. Fabulous! I wanted to know why I just couldn't go home get some sleep and come back in the morning when they could get to me but no one would let me because it was too dangerous. WTH! So around 9:00 my new doctor arrives and sees me walking to the bathroom and tries to swoop me away because he thinks I going to fall down and die right there. He said women with ectopic pregnancies are only usually around 1-2 weeks along and are screaming bloody murder in pain. Which I should have told them I was in and maybe I would have been rushed to surgery a little sooner. I finally got to go into surgery around 10:00 PM. The doctor said when he got to the pregnancy it immediately burst and he said I am so lucky to be alive. The surgery only took about an hour and then I was in one of those horrid recovery rooms in tons of pain. They told me to stay overnight and when I could pee on my own and eat a cracker I could leave in the morning. I was shoving crackers into my mouth and as soon as I was steady enough I made sure to pee in their little bucket so I could show them. So before the nurse even said yes I was dressed, dizzier than I have ever been and telling Matt to go get the car! She fortunately let me go and we were home in bed by 3:00 AM. It was a long, sad day but I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and that it just wasn't my time to have another baby. My fertility is questionable now but apparantly my husband has super swimmers that could get anyone pregnant! I think I might just start hiring him out for the poor couples that have a hard time getting pregnant. We might as well do something good with this awesome talent he has! Thanks to all my friends and family for taking care of my kids, dog and for all their love and support through this hard time. I love you all and I appreciate everyone's concerns!
Friday, July 10, 2009
A Crapy Day!
I have not been feeling well for a long time. I was nauseated, tired, had horrible headaches and just felt awful. I kept telling Matt that I felt pregnant and he kept telling me to shut up I can't be pregnant I have an IUD in. So a couple of months ago I took two tests and they were both negative. But I continued to feel worse and worse. Finally on Tuesday after throwing up all day I had Matt bring home a test and sure enough it was positive. I didn't believe it so I went back to the store and bought three and they were all positive. I then started to do research on getting pregnant with an IUD and found out all sorts of scary stuff so Wednesday morning I rushed up to the hospital without even calling to see my doctor. Well of course it was his surgery day so I had to wait in an exam room for hours until he could slip up and see me. He did an external ultrasound first and saw my IUD right where it should be and then he said there is your pregnancy but it isn't right you are going to lose it. I thought to myself well that is the best thing if everything wasn't the way it should be. But then just for kicks he did a vaginal ultrasound and he probed and then I heard him say, "Whoa, whoa". On my left fallopian tube there was an 8 week old pregnancy with a heartbeat. It was not even in my tube but growing to it and into my abdomen. He said that he had never seen this with a pregnancy this far along with a heartbeat that the mother was still alive. He told me to get my affairs in order and he would preform surgery to remove the pregnancy and my tube asap so do not leave the hospital. Of course after he left the room I lost it. I had seen the heartbeat and knew it was my baby and even though it wasn't going to be a successful pregnancy it was still heartbreaking. This little baby had overcame all these barriers and was still alive and I had to get rid of it. I was a hot mess! So Matt came to the hospital right away because I thought I would be going right in. Mind you I got there at 9:00 AM. Well at three my Dr. called and said I can not preform the surgery your insurance will not let me but go get admitted and I will find you a doctor right away. Okay one more thing to go wrong on this delightful day. I go get admitted and they hook me up to IVs and dress me up in all these weird things and shove me behind a curtain. I ate a slim fast shake that morning at 7 and I was sooo hungry! Four o'clock rolls around, nothing, 6 o'clock rolls around nothing. Finally at 8:00 I called my doctor at home and said what is going on everyone keeps telling my I am in a life or death situation but no one has even came to check on me. He calls back and says that they have more emergencies that are more important than mine so it might be 11:00 Pm before they get to me. Fabulous! I wanted to know why I just couldn't go home get some sleep and come back in the morning when they could get to me but no one would let me because it was too dangerous. WTH! So around 9:00 my new doctor arrives and sees me walking to the bathroom and tries to swoop me away because he thinks I going to fall down and die right there. He said women with ectopic pregnancies are only usually around 1-2 weeks along and are screaming bloody murder in pain. Which I should have told them I was in and maybe I would have been rushed to surgery a little sooner. I finally got to go into surgery around 10:00 PM. The doctor said when he got to the pregnancy it immediately burst and he said I am so lucky to be alive. The surgery only took about an hour and then I was in one of those horrid recovery rooms in tons of pain. They told me to stay overnight and when I could pee on my own and eat a cracker I could leave in the morning. I was shoving crackers into my mouth and as soon as I was steady enough I made sure to pee in their little bucket so I could show them. So before the nurse even said yes I was dressed, dizzier than I have ever been and telling Matt to go get the car! She fortunately let me go and we were home in bed by 3:00 AM. It was a long, sad day but I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and that it just wasn't my time to have another baby. My fertility is questionable now but apparantly my husband has super swimmers that could get anyone pregnant! I think I might just start hiring him out for the poor couples that have a hard time getting pregnant. We might as well do something good with this awesome talent he has! Thanks to all my friends and family for taking care of my kids, dog and for all their love and support through this hard time. I love you all and I appreciate everyone's concerns!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
OMG I just wanted to cry reading this, im so sorry, but im a firm believer things happen for a reason too!! So glad your ok, stay tough!
Geez, to hear all these details makes it sound a lot worse than you described on facebook.
I had no idea that an eptopic pregnancy was life threatening. I was rushed to ER one time in tons of pain. THey thought it was an eptopic pregnancy turned out to be an ovarian cyst that burst. You are one tough cookie!
I feel so bad that you had to feel so awful for weeks, and then to hear the heartbeat...oh my goodness. What a hard day for you. What can I do for you???
So I have a friend who's gotten pregnant 3 times on an IUD. I am so skeptical of the lastest and greatest things that come out because they don't seem to do enough research. I did the patch when I was first married for a couple of years and then all the sudden its pulled from the market for all these terrible side effects. Maybe condoms are the best solution :)
So do you want to do a family weekend at Bear Lake or a girls weekend?
Oh Laura, what a nightmare! Stay strong and I totally think you are on to somthing with selling those little swimmers and/or giving them to the poor! LOL You have such a great attitude! Still praying for you!
A crapy day doesn't do that day justice! So sorry..........
My goodness Laura.. I'm about in tears reading this.. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, what a horrible horrible day.. I can't imagine what it would be like seeing the heartbeat, knowing something was growing there, then having to go through everything you did.. You're such a strong person! Especially being able to 'hang in there' as long as you did in that much pain.. I'm so glad you're ok!!
WOW! I AM SO SORRY! YOU ARE RIGHT, EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. IT WOULD BE HARD TO LOOSE A BABY THOUGH, THEY BRING SO MUCH LOVE. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE OK. BTW-I'M AN IUD BABY!
Post a Comment